Checklist To Help You Build Your Coaching Business And Sell Video Courses Online
Are you ready for online coaching/teaching & sell video courses online?
Answer these questions in YES or NO:
- Can you spend 5-10 hours every week to learn new skills and create your content?
- Can you spend time making 2-4 small videos each week and 1-2 video courses each month?
- Can you spend time learning how to curate your courses and make them to help students?
- Are you willing to take feedback from your students, mentors on your work without hurting your ego or getting disappointed?
- Can you spend a minimum of ₹2500-₹3000 per month on advertisement when starting out?
- Can you learn how to make slides and teaching material?
- Can you learn software like OBS, video editing so you can make your own videos?
- Can you spend time to make your teaching setup? Ignore cost here?
- Can you invest little money and time to build your teaching setup?
- Can you spend time uploading videos and courses online on websites like udemy or your own website?
- Can you spend time learning to build and maintain your own website?
- Can you answer students’ queries and help them out?
- Are you willing to learn the basics of SEO, video editing, content marketing, facebook – google-youtube ads?
- If you answered YES to more than 10 Q’s
- You’re motivated, congratulations!
- You are most capable in making a large income source from online teaching and course sale
- Then you should build your own website,platform
- You can launch a business within 45-60 days
- Self create courses without much external help
- SkillYogi’s ‘Launch Your Online Teaching Business’ will help you learn all the skills to launch your business
- If you answered YES to more than 6 Q’s
- You can start slowly
- You can outsource the work of course creation, video editing, setup installation, website building
- You can launch your business within 3-6 months
- Try to increase the number of YES’s
- If you answered YES to less than 5 Q’s
- This is not for you
- Better to continue what you’re doing
- You can join once your YES is more than 6
- Slowly learn skills online or from a mentor – ‘SkillYogi’s 4 Week to Successful Online Coaching Business Course’ will help
What’s your motivation to make video courses and build your online coaching business?
- Reach and help more students
- Increase source of income
If you answered YES to more than 4 Q’s
- You have get on this URGENTLY, don’t waste time
- Invest in learning, advertisement, marketing & sales
- It will take time and effort to build this habit & business
If you answered YES to more than 2 Q’s
- You will leave this after a while
- Better to increase motivation & purpose
How valuable and useful is your offering to the students?
- The more painful the problem the more you can charge
- Don’t compete with free, i.e. something which is free online- don’t compete in that domain
- Students pay to solve their problem
- Students are lazy and need ‘personal guidance’, please use this for your leverage
How much can your students pay you?
- Check the market (udemy and other websites) to find average rate
- Provide at least 10% discount compared to others
- Your target is to get traction not to make money initially
- Indian audience have low paying capacity, <₹500 works well
- Very difficult to sell if you’re pricing it high
- Collect data and to retargeting as much as you can
What is the maximum number of students in your industry/market (use approx number, not random)
- Number of CBSE students giving class 10 exams is more than 10,000,000
- Number of engineering graduates is more than 10,000,000
- Use google to find numbers or google keyword finder
- Don’t guess numbers
How much you have to spend on marketing (as per your students paying capacity)
- If zero then do content marketing
- If you can spend money they spend on ads
Where are your students? How can you reach them easily?
- Coming soon
Why build your own learning platform
- 100% profit is yours
- Complete control over how your platform looks
- You have control over all data
- More marketing required
- Trust issues when starting out
Platforms to build your own website
- WordPress – cheap and better
Why sell on marketplaces?
- No investment in building website
- More competition
- High traffic on marketplace
- Helps you build your authority
- Low profit margin
How to sell your courses and get students when you ₹2500-₹3000 budget for marketing & advertisement
- Advertise on facebook first
- Improve ROI and ROAS
- Try different campaigns to generate leads and sales
How to sell your courses and get students when you ₹9,000-₹45,000 budget for marketing & advertisement
- Start ads on youtube
How to sell your courses and get students when you ₹50,000 budget for marketing & advertisement
- Consult or hire a digital marketer or agency
How to sell your courses and get students when you dont have any budget for marketing & advertisement
- Coming soon