What is the Objective of this SOP training:
The objective of this Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) is to establish clear guidelines for students to register complaints and grievances at the institution, and for the institution to resolve them fairly, efficiently and effectively.
Scope of this SOP training:
This SOP applies to all students of the institution and covers all academic, administrative and other issues faced by students during their program of study. It outlines procedures to be followed from initiation to resolution of grievances.
Who is Responsible for this SOP training:
Institution Administration and Staff
Who is Accountable for this SOP training:
Head of Institution
Let us understand the Procedures involved:
Initiating a Grievance:
- The student should first attempt to resolve any concerns informally through discussions with the concerned faculty or staff member.
- If unable to resolve informally, the student may submit a written complaint to the Head of Department, citing relevant details such as nature of grievance, names of individuals involved, dates, locations, witnesses if any, prior efforts to resolve, and requested corrective action.
- The HOD will acknowledge receipt of the complaint via email within 2 working days.
Grievance Redressal Mechanism:
- The HOD will forward the complaint to the Institution’s Grievance Redressal Committee within 5 working days.
- The Committee will be headed by the Dean/Principal and have 2-3 faculty and staff representatives.
- The Committee will examine the complaint through consultations with the concerned parties and examination of relevant documents.
- The Committee may advise the student and other parties to present themselves for personal hearings.
- The Committee will conclude its investigation within 10 working days and arrive at a decision.
- The Committee’s report will be forwarded by the HOD to the Head of Institution within 3 working days.
- The Head of Institution will issue final decision to the student within 7 working days via registered post.
- The HOD and concerned faculty/staff will be responsible for prompt implementation of the final decision.
- The student will be informed of escalation alternatives if dissatisfied with resolution.
- All documentation pertaining to the grievance will be maintained by the HOD in secure records.
Right of Appeal:
Students retain the right to appeal the decision of the Head of Institution to the Institution’s Board of Management within 15 working days. The Board’s decision will be final and binding.
By following this SOP, the institution aims to provide students a just, timely and effective mechanism to resolve grievances during their study program.