Creating an online course can be hard, and selling it can be even harder, especially if you’re not good at marketing and sales. This guide will teach you the best ways to create a sales funnel to sell your online courses.
A sales funnel is a way to attract customers and guide them to your course. It’s important to understand that sales and marketing are different. Marketing is how you let people know about your course, like making a Facebook post. The sales funnel is the process of taking people from that post to the page where they can buy your course. Marketing helps bring people into the sales funnel.
Research shows that using a sales funnel can increase sales. So, it’s a good idea to create one for your online course.
There are three important things you need to invest in to build a strong sales funnel:
- Email Marketing Software: You need a large email list to move leads through the funnel. Investing in software that automates sending emails to your list saves you time and effort.
- A Digital Traffic Source: You need a way to get people to your sales funnel. This could be your blog, social media, collaborations with other creators, or paid advertisements. Anything that generates interest in you and your courses.
- Platform For Hosting Online Courses: You need a reliable platform to host your courses. Having a platform that meets your needs makes your job easier.
Now, let’s go through the five steps to build a sales funnel for selling online courses:
- Step 1: Understand your target audience’s problems and needs. Connect with them through your blog, discussion forums, or social media. Learn about their concerns and what they want.
- Step 2: Offer creative solutions to their problems. Stand out from other creators by providing valuable content. Share free advice, tutorial videos, or informative tidbits that address their concerns.
- Step 3: Provide free resources to attract customers. Offer incentives like free ebooks, checklists, or templates to encourage people to join your email list, which is the core of your sales funnel.
- Step 4: Start an email chain. Send a welcome email to new subscribers and then follow up with emails about your courses and discounts. Create a sense of urgency to encourage them to click on your course’s sales page link.
- Step 5: Reach out to unsubscribers. Ask them why they didn’t purchase your course and learn from their feedback. This will help you improve your sales funnel in the future.
Remember, not everyone will buy your course or stay on your email list, but that’s okay. Use the feedback to make your sales funnel better next time.
By following these steps and investing in the right tools, you can create a successful sales funnel for selling your online courses.